Neon Knights Job Description:
Become a member of the Neon Knights during this year's NASCAR Weekend.
The Neon Knights are a volunteer group that works at Las Vegas Motor Speedway during NASCAR Weekend (March 4-6, 2016). The Neon Knights help during pre-race ceremonies, pit stall security during the race, and victory lane celebrations. The 2015 NASCAR Weekend will be the ninth year the Neon Knights have been a part of the LVMS volunteer program.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Neon Knights, complete the following application (link below) and email it to George Brazzale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact George Brazzale at 800-644-4444 or email him at email@example.com.
Las Vegas Motor Speedway's internship program provides hands-on experience in many different aspects of the marketing and promotion of auto racing events. It is an unpaid internship, and a successful internship will not necessarily translate into permanent employment; however, interns are given at least the same consideration as other candidates when job opportunities arise. These are unpaid positions.
College Level Student - B.A., B.S. or majoring in mass communications, journalism, communications, marketing, graphics art, public relations or related field.
- Help write race event releases, stats,
- Work in the media center during race events; help the media with any questions or requests they have
- Help plan media events
- Brainstorm and research for interesting, off-beat notes to be used at race times
- Help compile story ideas and bio information for race programs
- Help compile race release ideas
- Assist in writing race releases
- Assist the Public Relations Coordinator in maintenance of LVMS
- Aid in creation of advertising, brochures and other collateral materials
- Brainstorm advertising ideas
- Assist in day-to-day operations. This may involve making phone calls, working with local media, industry contacts and media partners
- Help schedule and execute promotions
- Work with social networking including contests, giveaways, etc.
- Community Outreach. Visit area businesses and create promotional partnerships/relationships to help promote LVMS and its events
- Assist in any Speedway Children's Charities promotions and/or events
** During events, other duties for interns may be assigned. We ask that you apply with a willingness to be flexible.
The tasks mentioned above are assigned according to a person's skills, ability, and interests. For more information or for an application, contact the LVMS Public Relations Department by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Video Production Intern
Las Vegas Motor Speedway's Media and Public Relations Department is currently seeking a qualified individual for a video production internship. The paid position will require 20 hours per week and will involve various video production and editing projects to be used with LVMS promotional, communications and marketing initiatives. Applicants must be hardworking self-starters who are willing to learn and must be familiar with video equipment and editing software such as Adobe Premiere. Motorsports and social media knowledge are a plus, but not required, and the ability to meet deadlines is crucial. The LVMS video intern will report to the Digital Services Supervisor/Art Director and the Vice President of Public Relations. The intern will help LVMS staff cover the track’s races and events and may also work on projects for other departments as needed.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage projects from concept through completion, meeting deadlines while supporting team members
- Manage execution of projects for online and offline content
- Support requests and ensure timelines are enforced and met
- Provide input and support for team members
- Manage priorities, establish work objectives and support project needs
- Establish templates and best practices
- Manage workflow and ensure quality control of all assets
- Maintain organized archive of all assets/projects
- Working experience or classroom knowledge of video production, both shooting and editing, required.
- Experience working with video authoring/editing tools; e.g., Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut.
- Experience working with Adobe suite of products such as Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign is a plus.
- Must be resourceful, organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must respond quickly and effectively to changing business environment.
- Must be able to carry equipment and walk and/or remain standing for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work some weekends and nights, depending on event schedules.
- Position is open to both students and part-time workers
- Driver’s license and background check required
- Position begins by the end of the month
- LVMS is an equal opportunity employer