Neon Knights Job Description:
Become a member of the Neon Knights during this year's NASCAR Weekend.
The Neon Knights are a volunteer group that works at Las Vegas Motor Speedway during NASCAR Weekend (March 4-6, 2016). The Neon Knights help during pre-race ceremonies, pit stall security during the race, and victory lane celebrations. The 2015 NASCAR Weekend will be the ninth year the Neon Knights have been a part of the LVMS volunteer program.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Neon Knights, complete the following application (link below) and email it to George Brazzale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact George Brazzale at 800-644-4444 or email him at email@example.com.
Las Vegas Motor Speedway's internship program provides hands-on experience in many different aspects of the marketing and promotion of auto racing events. It is an unpaid internship, and a successful internship will not necessarily translate into permanent employment; however, interns are given at least the same consideration as other candidates when job opportunities arise. These are unpaid positions.
College Level Student - B.A., B.S. or majoring in mass communications, journalism, communications, marketing, graphics art, public relations or related field.
- Help write race event releases, stats,
- Work in the media center during race events; help the media with any questions or requests they have
- Help plan media events
- Brainstorm and research for interesting, off-beat notes to be used at race times
- Help compile story ideas and bio information for race programs
- Help compile race release ideas
- Assist in writing race releases
- Assist the Public Relations Coordinator in maintenance of LVMS
- Aid in creation of advertising, brochures and other collateral materials
- Brainstorm advertising ideas
- Assist in day-to-day operations. This may involve making phone calls, working with local media, industry contacts and media partners
- Help schedule and execute promotions
- Work with social networking including contests, giveaways, etc.
- Community Outreach. Visit area businesses and create promotional partnerships/relationships to help promote LVMS and its events
- Assist in any Speedway Children's Charities promotions and/or events
** During events, other duties for interns may be assigned. We ask that you apply with a willingness to be flexible.
The tasks mentioned above are assigned according to a person's skills, ability, and interests. For more information or for an application, contact the LVMS Public Relations Department by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.