MOPAR Midnight Mayhem
The 2014 Mopar Midnight Mayhem at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway safe alternative to illegal street racing. The speedway staff encourages enthusiasts to race each other on the safer confines of its NHRA-sanctioned, quarter-mile drag strip. This event is open to all licensed and registered street legal vehicles.
#1 Friday January 24, 2014: 6 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
#2 Friday February 14, 2014: 6 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
#3 Friday March 14, 2014: 6 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.*
#4 Friday May 2, 2014: 9 p.m. - 1 a.m. Showcase Class*
#5 Friday May 16, 2014: 9 p.m. - 1 a.m.*
#6 Friday May 30, 2014: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.*
#7 Friday June 13, 2014: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Showcase Class*
#8 Friday June 27, 2014: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.*
#9 Friday July 17, 2014: 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.*
#10 Friday August 8, 2014: 10 p.m. – 2 a.m. Showcase Class*
#11 Friday August 22, 2014: 10 p.m. – 2 a.m.*
#12 Friday September 19, 2014: 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.*
#13 Friday October 17, 2014: 8:30 p.m. – 1 a.m. Showcase Class*
* Times are subject to change.
Racer entry fees and spectator admission:
Car and driver (tech card): $15.
Showcase Class car and driver (tech card): $30.
Ride-along passenger: $15.
Show vehicle/pit area parking pass: $15.
Showcase Class Rules
Mopar Midnight Mayhem Showcase Class
2014 Showcase Class Dates:
Friday, May 2: 9 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Friday, June 13: 9 p.m. - 1 a.m.
Friday, August 8: 10 p.m. - 2 a.m.
Friday, October 17: 8:30 p.m. - 1 a.m.
2014 Show Case Rules:
- Entry fee will be $30.
- No riders allowed in this class.
- Cars must meet all LVMS Midnight Mayhem Showcase rules including; this class is
for door cars only with left hand steer, must be street legal appearing, must have
working head and tail lights, and must have a hood.
- Drag slicks are permitted.
- Water can be used in burn-out area.
- All cars must meet all NHRA ET bracket safety rules per ET run.
- Class will be run at specific times throughout the event. This is the only time water will
be put in burn-out box.
- This class will be run with no scoreboards. You will only be provided with your side of
the time slip. Time slips will be given to driver only, not crew members.
- All drivers must have a valid license.
- NO SHORTS ALLOWED for racers and passengers when racing. Cars running an E.T.
of 13.99 or quicker MUST HAVE A HELMET.
- Any driver or ride-along passenger under the age of 18 must have a valid parental
consent form on file at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (these can be obtained in the
Administration office Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or at the entrance to the
event, parent or legal guardian must be present).
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to ride-along in a vehicle during the event
- Only one ride-along passenger per vehicle permitted.
- Passengers not permitted in vehicles running 13.99 or quicker.
- All vehicles must be street legal, in safe working condition and have a valid
registration and insurance. License plates must be displayed (Temporary plates
are not permitted).
- All vehicles must be driven to the track. Vehicles on trailers will not be
permitted. No trailers are allowed in the pits on the nights of Mayhem events.
- All vehicles must pass a standard NHRA safety and tech inspection by the SFI
certified inspectors on site at the event.
- All drivers are required to wear full-length pants, shoes and socks. Nylon or
- nylon-type clothing and open-toe shoes are prohibited. Shorts, bare legs, tank
tops, or bare torsos prohibited.
- The only slicks permitted are D.O.T. stamped drag radial tires.
- Motorcycles running an E.T. of 10.99 or slower are required to have a Snell full
coverage helmet, leather jacket, leather gloves and leather boots or shoes that
cover the ankle area.
- Motorcycles running an E.T. of 10.99 or quicker must install a lanyard and switch
to cut off the ignition system.
- Motorcycles capable of exceeding 120 miles per hour in the quarter mile must
wear full leathers.
- Motorcycles running an E.T. of 9.99 and quicker or exceeding 135 miles per hour
should consult the NHRA rulebook for competition license requirements.