O'Reilly Auto Parts Midnight Mayhem
The 2016 O'Reilly Auto Parts Midnight Mayhem at The Strip at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is a safe alternative to illegal street racing. The speedway staff encourages enthusiasts to race each other on the safer confines of its NHRA-sanctioned, quarter-mile drag strip. This event is open to all licensed and registered street-legal vehicles.
Fees and Admission:
Car and driver (tech card): $20.
Showcase/Grudge Class car and driver (tech card): $30.
Ride-along passenger: $15.
Show vehicle/pit area parking pass: $15.
Showcase Class Rules
O'Reilly Auto Parts Midnight Mayhem Showcase/Grudge Class
2016 Show Case Rules:
- Entry fee will be $30.
- No riders allowed in this class.
- Cars must meet all LVMS Midnight Mayhem Showcase rules including; this class is
for door cars only with left hand steer, must be street legal appearing, must have
working head and tail lights, and must have a hood.
- Drag slicks are permitted.
- Water can be used in burn-out area.
- All cars must meet all NHRA ET bracket safety rules per ET run.
- Class will be run at specific times throughout the event. This is the only time water will
be put in burn-out box.
- This class will be run with no scoreboards. You will only be provided with your side of
the time slip. Time slips will be given to driver only, not crew members.
O'Reilly Auto Parts Midnight Mayhem Rules
- All drivers must have a valid license.
- NO SHORTS ALLOWED for racers and passengers when racing. Cars running an E.T. of 13.99 or quicker MUST HAVE A HELMET.
- Any driver or ride-along passenger under the age of 18 must have a valid parental consent form on file at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (these must be filled out at the entrance to the event, parent or legal guardian must be present and provide proof)
- No one under the age of 16 is permitted to ride-along in a vehicle during the event
- Only one ride-along passenger per vehicle permitted.
- Passengers not permitted in vehicles running 13.99 or quicker.
- All vehicles must be street legal, in safe working condition and have a valid
registration and insurance. License plates must be displayed (Temporary plates are not permitted).
- All vehicles must be driven to the track. Vehicles on trailers will not be
permitted. No trailers are allowed in the pits for Mayhem participants.
- All vehicles must pass a standard NHRA safety and tech inspection by the SFI certified inspectors on site at the event. Vehicles running 11.49 or quicker may be subject to additional safety requirements. Vehicles running 9.99 or quicker must have an NHRA license.
- All drivers and passengers are required to wear full-length pants, shoes and socks. Nylon or nylon-type clothing and open-toe shoes are prohibited. Shorts, bare legs, tank tops, or bare torsos prohibited.
- The only slicks permitted are D.O.T. stamped drag radial tires.
- All motorcycles riders are required to have a Snell full coverage helmet, leather jacket, leather gloves and leather boots or shoes that cover the ankle area.
- Motorcycles running an E.T. of 10.99 or quicker or exceeding 120 mph in the quarter mile may be subject to additional safety requirements.
- Motorcycles running an E.T. of 9.99 and quicker or exceeding 135 miles per hour must have an NHRA license.