Speedway Children's Charities granted $199,000 to 60 local children's causes
Friday, December 14, 2012
The Las Vegas Chapter of Speedway Children’s Charities granted $199,000 to 60 local charities at its annual Grant Distribution and Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony on Dec. 13 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. The number of children’s causes receiving grants from SCC has increased by 13 over last year’s total of 47.
The Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada, Opportunity Village, Candlelighters For Childhood Cancer and the Muscular Dystrophy Association were among the charities receiving grants.
Children from each organization were invited to attend the event, which included a child-friendly holiday buffet, musical performances, holiday games and gifts from Santa Claus, who arrived aboard a Richard Petty Driving Experience race car.
Fundraising events for the 2012 season included the chapter’s 10th annual golf tournament, the Cards For Kids Texas Hold’em Poker Tournament at the Stratosphere Hotel, Casino & Tower and Laps for Charity at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
Making a difference in a child’s life is the focus of Speedway Children’s Charities. SCC strives to do this in collaboration with the non-profit organizations it supports nationwide. Individually, SCC’s local chapters identify the needs of children in their communities and award grants to organizations that address them. For more information on SCC, please contact director Paulette Anderson at (702) 632-8242 or .
For more information, please call LVMS at (702) 644-4444 or visit www.LVMS.com. Follow LVMS on Facebook and Twitter.
2012 Grant Recipients
- Arthritis Foundation Pacific Region, Inc.
- Assistance League Las Vegas
- Baby Bounty Inc.
- Best Buddies International Inc.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern Nevada
- Boys Town Nevada
- Candlelighters For Childhood Cancer
- Chabad of Green Valley, Inc.
- Children’s Heart Foundation
- City Impact Foundation
- Civitan Foundation, Inc.
- Club Christ Ministries
- Communities In Schools Of Nevada
- Culture Shock Las Vegas, Inc.
- Down Syndrome Organization of Southern Nevada
- Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Southern Nevada
- Goodie Two Shoes Foundation
- Greater Las Vegas Inner City Games/dab After School All-Stars Las Vegas
- Kids Co-Op
- Las Vegas Area Council, Boy Scouts of America
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- Las Vegas Sun Summer Camp Fund
- Las Vegas-Clark County Urban League CAA
- Lied Discovery Children's Museum
- Little Lucy’s Child Care Center, Inc.
- Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Nevada
- Miracle Flights for Kids
- Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Nathan Adelson Hospice Foundation
- Nellis AFB, Youth Program
- Nevada Ballet Theatre
- Nevada Chapter Of The National Hemophilia
- Nevada Community Learning Centers, Inc.
- Nevada Diabetes Association For Children And Adults
- Nevada Partnership For Homeless Youth
- Olive Crest
- Opportunity Village Association For Retarded
- Police Athletic League, Inc., Southern Nevada
- Project REAL
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Las Vegas
- Rosie’s Wish Community Development Corporation
- SAFE House, Inc.
- Shade Tree, Inc.
- Special Olympics Nevada
- Specialized Alternatives For Families And Youth Of Nevada, Inc.
- Spread The Word Nevada
- Starlight Children’s Foundation
- St. Jude’s Ranch
- Street Teens, A Nevada Non-Profit Corporation
- Sunrise Children’s Foundation
- Super Sibs
- Temporary Assistance for Domestic Crisis, Inc. (SafeNest)
- The Huntridge Teen Clinic
- The Lullaby Connection
- Three Square
- Together We Can
- Uplift Foundation Of Nevada
- Variety Early Learning Center
- YMCA of Southern Nevada