Social Media Contest Rules
OFFICIAL RULES FOR SWEEPSTAKES AND CONTESTS ON
LAS VEGAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY® SOCIAL MEDIA WEBSITES
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.From time to time Nevada Speedway, LLC d/b/a Las Vegas Motor Speedway (“Sponsor”) may conduct contests, sweepstakes and/or other giveaways on social media/networking websites including but not limited to twitter.com, facebook.com and YouTube.com (individually and collectively “Social Media Site”) (individually “Promotion” and collectively “Promotions”). Unless specifically noted otherwise by Sponsor, these terms and conditions shall serve as the” Official Rules” for each Promotion conducted by Sponsor. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. By participating in the Promotion all entrants agree, and by accepting Prize(s), winner(s) agree(s), to release and hold harmless the Released Parties,(defined below) from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred by participating in the Promotions and/or the awarding, receipt, acceptance, possession or use/misuse of the prize.
The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the Social Media Site. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not the Social Media Site.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open only to legal residents of the United States who are eighteen (18) years of age or older, except residents of Florida, New York, and Rhode Island, where the Promotion is void. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, NASCAR, Inc., Sprint and their affiliates and each of their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, shareholders, members, successors, assigns and agents, and any others engaged in the development, production or distribution of promotional materials or prizes for the Promotion (collectively, the “Released Parties”), and members of the immediate families or households of any of the above are not eligible to enter or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren, or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
3. HOW TO ENTRY: Limit one (1) entry per person, per email address, per Promotion, unless specified by Sponsor. To enter you must be a member of the Social Media Site on which the Promotion is being conducted. If you are not a registered member you will need to visit the Social Media Site to register for an account. Registration for and use of the Social Media Site are subject to that Social Media Site’s terms and conditions and Sponsor has no responsibility with respect to such registration or use.
Entry into the Promotion will only be via the method specified by Sponsor in the Promotion’s offer on the Social Media Site. All entries must be received within the Promotion period stated by Sponsor during the Promotion’s offer to be eligible to win a prize. Sponsor’s time clock is the official clock.
YOU AGREE THAT THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED ON THE ENTRY FORM OR ON SPONSOR WEBSITES MAY BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.
The Released Parties are not responsible for late, lost, damaged, garbled, incomplete, or misdirected entries, for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, or transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with the Promotion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR TAMPER WITH SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION; AND IF SUCH INDIVIDUAL ENTERS THE PROMOTION HE/SHE WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
4. WINNER SELECTION:
(a) Unless otherwise specified in the Promotion, winners will be chosen in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor.
(b) If a prize is offered to the first number of votes, posts, responses, “tweets,” etc. (collectively, “Responses”), Sponsor will determine any such winners based on the order in which such Responses are received by Sponsor.
(c) If a prize is offered based on the “best” submitted story, essay, message, video, photo or other similar type of submission (“Submissions”), Sponsor will judge such Submissions and select the winners based equally on the originality and creativity of each Submission. All Submissions must be original unpublished works created by the individual entering such Submission.
(d) Winners will be notified within five (5) business days following the conclusion of the Promotion via e-mail and/or telephone. If a winner does not respond to such notification within five (5) business days and/or does not meet the stated eligibility requirements, such winner will be disqualified and Sponsor reserves the right to randomly select an alternate winner from the remaining eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where legally permissible, publicity release and/or provide other personal or tax information. Winners will have five (5) business days to provide all such information and to execute and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and publicity release (if required by Sponsor). By entering, participants in the Promotion release the Released Parties from any claims, losses, injuries or damages of any kind resulting from participation in the Promotion or the use or receipt of any prizes. The failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or the return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may cause the winner to forfeit their prize and Sponsor reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions concerning selection of winners, as well as all other matters relating to any Promotion, are final and binding. Odds of winning a Promotion will depend on the number of eligible entries received for the applicable Promotion.
(e) Sponsor reserves the right to make determinations of suitability in its sole and absolute discretion, and to disqualify any entry it determines to be inappropriate, or for any other reason. Participant acknowledges, agrees and warrants that, nothing in the entry infringes on any copyrights, confidential information, trade secrets or trademarks belonging to any person or entity other than the participant absent a suitable license, clearance or permission agreement (proof of which may be required upon submission), or violates any person's rights of privacy or publicity and that all necessary releases and permissions have been secured.
5. PRIZES: The number and value of prizes awarded in any Promotion will vary, but in no event will the total of value of any prizes awarded in any Promotion exceed $550. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred or assigned except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prize includes only what is specified in the prize description. Winners of event tickets must be available to attend such event on the date specified or another winner will be selected by Sponsor. Travel and accommodations for such events are not included in the prize. Sponsor will not consider or fulfill any requests for additional or alternate prizes, including but not limited to requests for additional tickets, upgrades and/or alternate dates or seating.
7. WINNER’S LIST: For the names of the winner(s) of a Promotion, please email email@example.com within thirty (30) days following the conclusion of the applicable Promotion.
8. MODIFICATION: Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, postpone, delay, suspend and/or terminate the Promotions in whole or in part in the event that the Promotion is not capable of running as planned or as intended by these Official Rules by reason of any technical or other disabling causes that, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, impair, corrupt or interrupt the administration, fairness, security or integrity or proper play of the Promotion, including without limitation, hurricane, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, war, terrorist threat or activity or insurrection. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor shall award the Promotion prize (or prizes of equal or greater value) in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the time of Promotion cancellation.
9. TAX INFORMATION: All federal, state, local and other taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the applicable winner.
10. DISPUTES: All entrants agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Promotion or any Prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for Nevada or the appropriate Nevada State Court located in Clarke County, Nevada; and (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Promotion, but in no event attorneys' fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Nevada or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Nevada.