LVMS statement on NASCAR's new rules package for 2019
"We're excited to see NASCAR's new rules package being introduced for the 2019 season. This similar package was a huge success in the All-Star race this past May and should add even more excitement to the Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube on March 3. I applaud the cooperation between NASCAR, the race teams, manufacturers and speedways to continue to make improvements in our sport."
--Chris Powell, LVMS President
2019 Rules Package Overview
- Spoiler: 8" x 61"
- Splitter: 2" overhang, 10.5" wings at ends of splitter (near tires)
- Radiator pan: 37" in front tapered to 31" with vertical fences
- Aero ducts: Used at majority of oval tracks larger than 1 mile
- 750 HP: 1.17" tapered spacer (Used at short tracks and road courses)
- 550 HP: 0.922" tapered spacer (Used at oval tracks larger than 1 mile)
- Enhanced vehicle chassis mandatory at all tracks (previously announced)
- Adding three long block engine seals in points races. These are in addition to the 13 short block seals introduced this season.
- 25 percent reduction in testing (3 organizational tests, down from 4; 3 teams at each Goodyear test, down from 4).
The NASCAR.com article about regarding the rules package change can be found HERE.